Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Blog 5

 

When I first started using twitter it was too interact with my cheer team and gym. Now I interact with more people with whom I would potentially have a similar job too or my friends who post their art snd films. It is beneficial to see people who are in a similar stage of life to me and interact with people in my field in learning new things and I find it motivating. Finding a group of teachers who teach the same subject will be great for my future career. I could bounce ideas and learn ideas from them to use in the classroom.

The digital divide affects student's success they cannot do the same things as similar students its not fair. In low SES areas, students are less likely to have internet access and as schools move towards all online it makes it impossible for those students to work outside of the classroom. Also, some students may have grown up with no technology around them and teachers expect students to know how to work a computer or website. some students may have never had the chance to work on any sort of technology. I want to teach elementary art and thankfully that's normally a hand on no homework type of class. If I assigned students a graphic design assignment there would definitely be students who do not know how to work their computer or come to school with it dead since they cannot charge it at home. having desktops in class and doing computer tutorials with the whole class so no one feels awkward.

I want to implement graphic design software and photo editing software. Those two types of art are becoming more popular and could even be a great future job. I am an art history minor and I took two art classes during my freshman year and basically, everyone was a graphic design major and it is one of the best ways to put your artistic talents into use in the world. Also, photo editing software is useful in daily life we all take pictures evry single day, and learn how to edit them can be a creative outlet. I just want students to not feel stressed while learning and being creative. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog 10

Not all students enjoy the same things when learning and sometimes as a teacher you do not know how to make the lesson engaging. Making a su...